Dublin, Buenos Aires, 19th July 2018
Fenix Partners, founded in 2002, is one of Argentina’s leading independent investment banking firms.
In 2017, Fenix Partners completed 5 transactions for over USD500 million in value across several industries including Oil & Gas, Agribusiness and Building Materials.
Key Highlights about Argentina’s M&A:
- With a Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of more than US$600 billion, Argentina is the third largest economy in Latin America.
- During the past year, the Argentine market experienced a surge in M&A activity.
- The vast majority of investors were foreign.
- The most active sectors, by number of transactions, were: Mining (20%), Energy (17%), Finance (12%) and Utilities (9%).
- In term of transaction amounts, the largest deals were in the mining, energy and telecommunications sectors (Telecom and Metrotel).
For further details,