Tailored specialist deal teams; multiple sector expertise
Our local knowledge about markets and opportunities helps acquirers to identify the right acquisition target and to approach the target's shareholders in the appropriate manner to negotiate the transaction, taking into account customs of the respective country.
Our experience in handling cross-border, cross-cultural acquisitions, includes:
- Cultural sensitivities to the role of M&A in strategic development,
- Managing an M&A process in more than one language and across distant time zones,
- Divergent approaches to valuation,
- Managing due diligence in environments of sub-optimal transparency,
- Supporting and educating clients entering an unfamiliar jurisdiction,
- “Coaching” counterparties who have limited M&A experience,
- Ensuring that dedicated, senior “on the ground” resources are available at all times to our client.
The strategic and financial value that can be unlocked through business combinations and targeted acquisitions is often compelling. However, to be successful, any proposed transaction requires an experienced, independent advisory team which identifies and addresses the risks and opportunities of a transaction and which understands these divergent markets, the challenges faced in achieving a successful outcome, and has the required experience to lock-in the correct value.