Dublin, Bogota, 28th June 2019
We are delighted to inform you that Banicol has joined us as our exclusive member firm in Colombia.
BANICOL was founded in 2008 and is one of the leading investment banking boutiques in Colombia.
In 2018, BANICOL completed 7 transactions worth over USD100 million across several industries including, construction materials, food and beverages, financial services, engineering services, education, agroindustry and transportation.
The firm’s senior team is composed of three partners, who have more than 45 years of combined experience in the execution of M&A and Financing transactions in Colombia and other Latin American countries.
The partners have participated in M&A and Financing transactions worth more than USD 4.0 billion over a diverse set of sectors, including:
BANICOL has two strategically located offices in Bogotá and Bucaramanga with a total of 11 investment bankers. The firm has active presence in regions that concentrate more than 80% of the country’s GDP.
Key Highlights about Colombia’s M&A:
- With a Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of more than US$330 billion, Colombia is the fourth largest economy in Latin America.
- Colombia has more than 2,000 companies with annual revenues of over USD 20 million. The largest sectors are Financial Services, Manufacturing, Construction and Services
- There are approximately 120 – 140 reported M&A transactions in Colombia per annum with an aggregate value of between USD 4.5 – 6.0 billion
- In 2016-2018, the most active sectors, by number of transactions, were: Services (23%), Oil & Gas (15%), TMT (15%), Manufacturing (12%) and Food & Beverage (9%).
- In 2016-2018, cross-border transactions represented about 40% of total number of transactions.
For further information, please see here